Residential Rent Arrears

A landlord must consider the recovery of rent arrears when making an application for possession.

Rent arrears can be claimed at the same time as an order for possession under standard possession procedure but not under the accelerated possession procedure. When a possession order is made against a tenant, a court will often also make a money judgment for rent arrears.

A money judgment obtained against the tenant in respect of rent arrears can be enforced with the possession order at the same time or by way of a separate warrant. Sometimes, a landlord can consider consenting to a suspended possession order whereby the landlord cannot enforce the possession order whilst the tenant pays of the arrears as agreed or ordered.

Wealth Recovery Solicitors can assist landlords in obtaining possession of their properties and recovering rent arrears.

Call now on 0203 695 9239 or complete the form for a FREE consultation and start recovering your losses.

free consultation

Fill in the form below and let us see if we can help get your money back

    When are you available?*

    Our success stories